The Wirehaired Dachshund Club was founded in 1927 with Sir Charles Lambe as Chairman, originally for owners and intending owners of Wire Haired Dachshunds only. They sponsored two classes, Open dog and Open Bitch at the Veterinary College Show for members only in 1927.The first club show was held in 1931.In 1932 the Southern and Long Haired Dachsland Clubs were invited to join the Wirehaired Dachshund Club and the Great Joint Dachshund Club was formed.The first show was in 1933 with a entry fee of 5/6, and prize money of 20/-, 10/-, and 5/-.
Miss Elizabeth Harrap, Mrs Anne Kennedy.
Mr Arnold Derry.
Mr Phil Rollinson.
205 Southway Drive, Southway, Plymouth. PL6 6QG
Mrs Sue Johnson.
Live Wire Editor:
Miss Jo Lavin.
Mrs Rosy Clifford,
Mrs Mandy Dance, Mr Wayne Edwards,
Miss Chris Gibson, Miss Jo Lavin, Ms Halycon Pugh
Mrs Jenny Rowe, Mr Ian Smith